Question:  What happens if a mother of a child is living with a different partner to the biological father of the child?  Who has the right to engage in shared parental leave?

Answer:  The mother can only choose to share parental leave with one person in respect of the child.  So even if the biological parent is going to have regular input and involvement in the child’s upbringing, she may for example choose her partner that she is living with to share parental leave with.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to email me